Recipe by Janet Taylor McCracken
Originate to Include: 45 minutes
Servings: Makes 8 Pies
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 mango—pitted, peeled, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 peaches—pitted, peeled, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp. (packed) brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Oil, for deep frying
- 1 bundle (14.1 oz.; two crusts) refrigerated rolled pie crusts
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp. milk
1. In a immense skillet, soften the butter over medium heat. Add the mango, peaches, and brown sugar. Put together dinner, stirring generally and mashing the fruit once in some time with a fork, except the fruit softens and the juices are very thick, about 5 minutes. Plug within the vanilla. Transfer the filling to a immense plate to cool.
2. Add enough oil to a immense pot to measure 1 1/2 inches. Warmth the oil over medium-excessive except a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°.
3. While the oil heats up, roll 1 pie crust to a 12-trek spherical. The usage of a 5-trek plate or bowl as a pattern, reduce support out 4 crust rounds. Repeat with the final crust. Arrange the crusts on a baking sheet; prime with the filling. Brush the perimeters with water. Fold in half and crimp with a fork to seal.
4. Working in 2 batches, fry the hand pies except golden, 2 to a jiffy per aspect. (Return the oil to 375° between batches.) Transfer the hand pies to a wire rack. Let cool a minute bit, about 5 minutes.
5. In a dinky bowl, plug the confectioners’ sugar and milk. Brush or drizzle over the heat pies.
This recipe before all the things appeared in our Summer 2020 field. Obtain the journal here.