Israel’s airport authority on Friday listed the departure of a commercial Israeli airliner to the United Arab Emirates on its deliberate schedule for the main time.
Why it issues: The milestone flight is but another signal of progress in the U.S.-brokered normalization deal between the 2 countries that used to be announced two weeks ago.
- El Al Flight 971 — the area calling code for the UAE — operated by a Boeing 737 will leave Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion airport at 10 a.m. Israel time on Monday, flying at this time to Abu Dhabi thru Saudi airspace.
The airplane will consist of loads of delegations:
- A U.S. team led by President Trump’s senior adviser Jared Kushner will additionally consist of nationwide security adviser Robert O’Brien, White Dwelling envoy Avi Berkowitz and U.S. envoy for Iran Brian Hook.
- An Israeli team led by nationwide security adviser Meir Ben Shabbat will additionally consist of the director-generals of High Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s place of job, the International Ministry, the Ministry of Protection and the Ministry of Health.
- A group of Israeli and American reporters are additionally expected to be on the airplane to cover the flight as properly as talks between the U.S. and Israeli groups with Emirati officers.
What’s next: The Israeli delegation is expected to get technical talks with the Emirati authorities on Monday and Tuesday referring to a dwelling of bilateral agreements for the opening of embassies, pronounce flights and visas.
- Those talks will additionally dwelling the stage for an legit signing ceremony at the White Dwelling in loads of weeks.