Recipe by Rachael Ray
This recipe at the open appeared in our Harvest 2020 self-discipline. Win the journal here.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. every ground thyme and ground epic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 ripe pears, such as Bosc, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 little crimson onion, quartered, or 2 tremendous shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. new thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as Sancerre
- 2 tbsp. (packed) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. normal balsamic vinegar or balsamic drizzle
- 3 cups liquid (I capture half of chicken stock and half of milk, but water works, too)
- 1 cup speedy-cooking polenta
- 1 cup trimmed and finely chopped ripe Camembert
- 1 little bundle new spinach, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
1. Inform the flour in a shallow dish; mix within the dried thyme and epic. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Dredge within the flour; transfer to a plate.
2. Warmth an ideally suited nonstick skillet over medium-excessive. Add the oil, three turns of the pan. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and cook till browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per facet. Transfer the chicken to a easy plate.
3. Add the butter, pears, onion, and new thyme to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Partly mask the skillet and cook, stirring every so incessantly, till the pears and onion soften, 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook till it’s a ways absorbed, about 1 minute. Scramble within the brown sugar and balsamic. Walk the chicken assist into the skillet and cook till cooked by scheme of, 5 to 7 minutes more, depending on the scale of the breasts.
4. Within the meantime, in an ideally suited pot, bring the liquid for the polenta to a low boil over medium to medium-excessive. Pour within the polenta and bolt till the mix thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cheese; hump till it melts. Add the spinach; hump till it wilts into the polenta. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
5. Divide the chicken and pears amongst plates. Encourage the polenta alongside.